1. Data Controller
MailUp SpA – Viale F. Restelli 1, 20124 Milan (Italy) – the Data Controller, ensures compliance with the rules on the protection of personal data and, therefore, provides the following information on the processing of data which is received or collected while browsing on this Website.
2. Data processed and purpose of data processing
The information systems and software procedures relied upon to operate this web site acquire personal data as part of their standard functioning; the transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols.
Such data (such as domain names, IP addresses and browser types) are in no way accompanied by any additional personal information and are used to: i) extract anonymous statistical information on website use; ii) to check its functioning; iii) to establish liability in case computer crimes are committed.
Data provided voluntarily by users
The requested personal data is collected and processed for the following purposes:
Data collected through the MailUp Platform
- to ensure customer relations as per contractual agreements. In the event of testing MailUp’s services, once the test service is complete, the personal data may be used to directly verify the platform’s user experience;
- for administrative purposes and to fulfill legal obligations pertaining to accounting or tax, or to grant the requests of judicial authorities;
- where explicit consent is given, for periodically sending newsletters and advertising by email;
- where explicit consent is given, to send out updates on our activities and blog posts;
- where explicit consent is given, to send out communications and invitations to events, training courses, webinars and special promotions, or invitations to participate in market research and analyses;
- in the event of sending a curriculum vitae, exclusively for selection purposes.
In order to provide complete information, we would like to specify that in sending communications, MailUp S.p.A. uses its own MailUp Platform, which uses statistical tracking systems (e.g. web beacons) that allow us to detect the opening of a message, the clicks on hyperlinks within the email, which IP address the clicks were done from, what type of browser is used to open the email, and other similar details. The collection of such data is fundamentally connected to the use of the platform and is an integral part of the functionality of the message sending system.
3. Nature of provision
Subject to the specifications made with regard to navigation data and to data collected through the MailUp Platform, the provision of data:
4. Processing methods
- for the purposes referred to in point a), b) and f) is optional; however, any refusal to provide this data shall make it impossible for MailUp SpA to carry out its contractual agreements;
- for the purposes referred to in point c), d) and e) is also optional, and its use is conditional upon explicit consent being provided. any refusal to provide this data shall make it impossible for MailUp SpA to send you newsletters, advertising material or invitations to MailUp events and initiatives.
The data collected shall be processed using electronic, automated, computerized, telematic or manual means, with procedures strictly related to the purposes for which the data was collected and, in any case, so as to ensure its security.
5. Persons in Charge of the Processing, Data Processors and disclosure of data
The data collected is processed by MailUp SpA’s internal staff appointed as Persons in Charge of the Processing.
The data collected, where necessary or instrumental for the above-mentioned purposes, may be processed by third parties appointed as Data Processor, or, as appropriate, disclosed to them as independent Data Controller, more specifically:
- companies that are part of our corporate group for the purposes specified in section 1 point a), b) and f);
- individuals, companies, associations or professional firms that provide assistance and consulting to our company, for the purposes of section 1 point b) and f);
- companies, organizations and associations that provide services relating to and necessary for the execution of the above-mentioned purposes (market research and analysis services, payment processing via credit card, maintenance of IT systems).
Moreover, the data collected may be transferred abroad to companies that are, and that are not, part of our corporate group, including outside of the European Union in the form and manner laid down in current regulations, while ensuring an adequate level of protection. In any case, personal data will never be disclosed.
6. Rights of the Data Subject
At any time, you can object to the data processing or request that any personal information in our possession be deleted, amended or updated by sending an email to: email@example.com
November 11, 2016